Do you want to revolutionize the way people navigate the internet? Metaito is looking for a CTO (Chief Technology Officer) to strengthen the team!
About us and our vision
Metaito is a Norwegian startup located in Trondheim, Norway. It was founded February 2019 to develop and commercialize Factsplat, an innovative service that allows individuals to organize their digital resources in clear and flexible structures to enhance their browsing experience. For businesses, it is a management, collaboration and productivity tool that
provides teams and individuals with a shared overview of resources, tools and workflows, helping them to efficiently execute their work processes.
Factsplat was developed in response to the lack of structure on the internet, and the increasing amount of tools and information. Our goal is to give people the capacity to filter, select, organize and share information flows that are relevant to them and their peers. We want to improve the world by making people more deliberate and aware of their use of tools
and services on the internet.
The team consists of three people. Factsplat has about 30 daily active users and several hot
customer leads. We are now growing the company and are therefore looking for a proficient and dedicated full-stack developer who wants to become a central part of the team and lead the product development process.
About the technology
Factsplat has been developed using modern cutting-edge technologies, which has enable us to build stable software that is ready for rapid development and continuous improvement. The tech stack consists of the following technologies:
- Vue.js: Our frontend was developed using Vue.js and the Nuxt.js framework. It is relatively easy to learn, and provides powerful yet simple capabilities. The frontend a separate application and communicates with the backend through a REST API. The application can be used as a PWA (Progressive Web App), opening up possibilities for utilizing native functionality on mobile phones.
- Elixir: The backend was developed using Elixir and the Phoenix Framework. It has several advantages, such as fast prototyping, happy developers, impeccable fault tolerance, scalability and powerful concurrency. Elixir is used by Discord to power their real-time channels.
- PostgreSQL: Used as our main database. PostgreSQL is open-source, fast, easy to set up, and supports json columns so we can store documents.
- Neo4j: A graph database that provides valuable supporting data to our system. It is used for permission management and connections between users, groups and organizations.
About the position
Main contributions and responsibilities
- Leading the execution of the product development process.
- Being involved in the company’s product development strategy.
- Being responsible for the product performance and functionality.
- Working efficiently in a cross-functional team.
- Participating in business-related discussions.
- Experience with full-stack web development, not necessarily with our stack.
- Experience with cloud services such as Azure, AWS, Linode or Digital Ocean is appreciated but not required.
- Interest in the business aspects of the startup.
- Willingness to learn and desire to build something great.
- Capacity to work independently.
Benefits and conditions
- Salary: 170 000 NOK/year (to be negotiated once we increase our funding/revenue).
- Equity: To be negotiated.
- Type of contract: Full-time.
- Location: Trondheim, with the possibility to start working remotely for some months.
- Starting date: Flexible, but we would like to have you as soon as possible.
- We are interested in all talented people. You do not need a lot of experience as long as you can showcase your talents.
- We work in a fulfilling environment. You will learn new things and acquire new skills.
- You will be part of a cross-functional team and work on all aspects of the product, with exciting technologies.
- You will be part of the core team and be able to impact product-related decisions.
- You will have the possibility to take on more responsibilities as we grow.
Clement Suberchicot, COO at Metaito